We strive to be a trusted partner to our clients.
There are three core things we do that are crucial for all clients:
- Act in line with our values of Client Focus, Excellence, Integrity and Respect
- Provide sustained excellent risk-adjusted investment performance, net of fees
- Ensure we maintain the infrastructure to support our clients, protect their assets and provide an excellent level of service, including administration, oversight, client transactions, information and performance analysis and reporting.
Delivering value for our customers
Furthermore, in the 2020 report we included additional reporting on Income and Responsible Investment, areas where we believe our customers want greater transparency. The new Income section assesses how relevant funds met their dual income and long-term growth objectives. New reporting on environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors helps investors understand how their investment choices impact the world around them.
- Subsidies on share classes of seven funds.
- Reduced Registrar Fees on 26 share classes.
- Reduced Annual Management Charges on 55 share classes.
- The conversion of around 30,000 direct customer shareholdings into cheaper share classes.
- Clearer investment objectives, performance benchmarks and targets on five Managed Funds to provide more accountability.
- Reduced Registrar Fees on four share classes.
- Reduced Annual Management Charges on three share classes.
- The conversion of over 29,000 broker/advised customer shareholdings into cheaper share classes.
- Clearer investment objectives, performance benchmark and target on the Managed Equity Income Fund.
Product innovation and positive impact
- Our Social Bond Fund strategies (UK, Europe, Global and the US) passed the $1 billion mark in assets under management. These strategies match investor capital to projects with a defined positive social outcome in sectors such as affordable housing, health and welfare, education and training, employment and community. On behalf of our clients, we also invested in social bond issuance specifically targeted to support the Covid-19 pandemic response.
- In May 2021 we added two new sustainable equity strategies, the Columbia Threadneedle Sustainable Outcomes Global Equity and Sustainable Outcomes Pan-European Equity strategies, investing in high-quality companies targeting positive sustainable outcomes and strong financial returns.
- In 2020, our European Sustainable Infrastructure strategy, Europe’s first evergreen infrastructure offering, took a majority stake in Lefdal Mine Datacenter (LMD), a unique ‘green’ data centre in an underground olivine mine in Norway that uses cold sea water for cooling and renewable energy to power its operations.
- Our Carbon Neutral Real Estate strategy (CNRE) celebrated its 10th year in 2020. The strategy is a partnership with real estate developer Stanhope and the Carbon Trust, a leading adviser to businesses, governments and the public sector on carbon reduction. It identifies suitable office buildings for refurbishment and turns them into modern, energy-efficient workplaces, while at the same time generating returns for investors.